Ida - Multimedia Access System
Welcome on Ida-Homepage!
Ida is a Multimedia Access System, which uses PostgreSQL to keep
track of known files. It consists of a server and client which
communicate using a derivation of Apple's proprietary DAAP (Digital Audio
Access Protocoll) which is called AVAP (Audio/Video Access
Protocoll). The server also supports DAAP so it can be used to
handle iTunes' requests as well.
Ida offers users a comfortable way to access audio and movie
files in sorted lists which include a lot featuring informations
about them. For more technical details see the Documentation.
In detail, you will find here:
- avapd: A standalone, DAAP compatible, Ida-daemon
- mod_avap: A Ida module for apache2 (which is also DAAP-compatible)
- ida-fscan: A multimedia File scanner (supports mp3, wav, aiff, sd2, m4a)
- libavap: A library which can be used to program Ida clients
- vdr-avap: A Ida-plugin for VDR
- php_avap_admin: A graphical php-admin-interface
- xmms-avap: A Ida-plugin for XMMS (which will hopefully also support DAAP sometimes)